How You Can Check up on a Lithuanian Company
Verification of information that is freely available in the database Rekvizitai.lt. Such a verification will help to get a sufficiently capacious idea of the counterparty company.
What is it Rekvizitai.lt : this is a directory of Lithuanian enterprises, which contains data on legal entities of all legal forms (sole proprietors, LLC, JSC, state institutions, communities, and cooperatives). Information in Rekvizitai.lt is collected on the basis of data from official state registers, therefore it is reliable and updated in a timely manner.
How to get there: Lithuanian version, Russian version. It is important to note that the Russian version of the database contains less information than the Lithuanian version. To search for a specific company, you just need to enter the name or company code in the search box.
What can be verified:
- Current details and contacts: name, company code, VAT code, social insurer code, full name of the head, legal address and the actual location address, phone and email address.
- Historical information about the company: date of registration, information about the change of legal status, scope of activity;
- Company turnover (including turnover history since 2015);
- Information about both the employer and the debt to the Social Insurance Fund (Sodra): number of employees, average salary, amount of social insurance taxes paid; current debt to Sodra, history of debts;
- Lawsuits: company’s participation in court proceedings as a plaintiff and defendant. You can also immediately follow the links to specific court decisions;
- Vehicles registered to the company;
- Participation in public procurement.
- If desired, you can order a more detailed professional report (this is a paid service).
Verification of the information in the Register of Legal Entities (JAR) for a more detailed study of the company. This is recommended if we are talking about concluding a large transaction, when it is especially important to take into account all possible risks and have the fullest possible understanding of the counterparty.
What is JAR: The State Register of Legal Entities to which companies provide information on the basis of legal acts and obligations stipulated by the state.
What can be verified:
- The address of the legal entity, information about its legal status (operating company, reorganization, bankruptcy, liquidation) and a list of documents of legal entities (charter, powers of attorney, decisions of members of the Management board, financial statements, etc.). The information is publicly available for up to 100 free searches per day. To search for a specific company, you just need to enter the name or company code in the search box.
- Get an extract about the company with data on the amount of the authorized capital, shares, founders, members of the Management board and participants, the history of events for the entire existence and activity of the company. This is a paid information – an extract in electronic format costs 6.37 Euros.
- Get copies of the company’s financial statements for a certain year. This is a paid information—receiving documents in electronic format costs 8.98 Euros.
⃰ The service is only available for registered users of the Registry Center (RC) system. To register, you need to sign a contract with RC. To do this, fill out an application on the RC website specifying the purpose of using the data and the legal basis. The completed application must be sent to e-mail address [email protected].
Verification of information about the company’s real estate and property arrests in the Real Estate Registers (NTR), Mortgages (HR) and Arrest Certificates (TAAR). This is recommended if we are talking about concluding a major real estate transaction or in cases where it is especially important to take into account all possible risks and have the fullest possible understanding of the counterparty.
What are NTR, HR and TAAR: These are state registers that contain information about the immovable property of legal entities, about contractual and compulsory pledge of property and property arrests imposed by marshals and other authorized bodies.
How to get there:
- NTR https://www.registrucentras.lt/turtas, is available for registered users of the RC system (see above for how to register).
- HR https://www.registrucentras.lt/hipoteka, is available for registered users of the RC system (see above for how to register).
- TAAR https://www.registrucentras.lt/turto_arestai, is available for registered users of the RC system (see above for how to register).
What can be verified:
- If the company has real estate on the right of ownership or lease. This is a paid information – an extract in electronic format costs 3.19 Euros. To search in NTR, enter the company code in the search box.
- Information about the existence of contractual and mandatory mortgage (collateral) transactions of the company, property under mortgage, the amount of mortgage obligations, creditors (mortgages to banks, etc.). This is a paid information – an extract in electronic format costs 9.27 Euros. To search in HR, enter the company code in the search box.
- Information about the company’s restrictions on property, the list of property that has been arrested, its size, creditors, the institution that has imposed arrest, the basis of the arrest, its date and period of validity. This is a paid information – an extract in electronic format costs 9.27 Euros. To search in TAAR, enter the company code in the search box.
If you need to verify the financial and tax information of a Lithuanian company, Company in Lithuania UAB will be happy to help you. Leave a request on our website and get a price offer today.