Business Visa in Lithuania
The European Union is considered by many entrepreneurs as one of the best regions for business expansion and tax optimization. To start your business in the EU, you should consider opening or buying a company in Lithuania. After a company is established, a foreign owner/shareholder has the right to apply for a national visa. There are no residency-based restrictions for foreigners to establish or buy a company in Lithuania, meaning that foreigners, who want to incorporate a company in Lithuania, have the same rights as the citizens of Lithuania.
When you intend to stay in Lithuania to carry on your business operations, you can obtain a national visa if you are a participant or a manager of a company that was established within one year from the date of submission of the application for a national visa. A Lithuanian Type D Visa is a long-stay or national visa that grants the applicant a stay in Lithuania for more than three months. A foreigner holding a valid national visa (D) may travel to the territories of other states of the Schengen Area.
A foreigner who enters the Republic of Lithuania to engage in legal activity and is a private legal person registered in the Register of Legal Entities (hereinafter – the Company) established within one year from the date of submission of the foreigner’s application for the issuance of a national visa, as defined in the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuania (further – participants), if the value of the company’s equity (in the case of a non-joint-stock company and a non-private limited company) is at least 28 000 EUR of which at least 14 000 EUR – foreigner-invested funds or other assets, company is established not earlier than within one year before the date of submission of foreigner national’s application for a national visa, the equity value of which (at least in the case of a public limited liability company and a non-public limited company) is at least 28 thousand Euros, Head and Goal of Arrival is working for that company.
In order to be able to apply for a national visa, your company should correspond to the following legal requirements:
- The establishment or acquisition of an undertaking established not earlier than within one year before the date of submission of the application for a visa
- The value of the company’s equity amounts to at least 28 000 EUR
- Confirmation that you are a member of the company and the funds or assets invested in your company are at least 14 000 EUR
- For the issue of a national visa, you must apply to:
- The Lithuanian visa service point in a foreign country or through the application centre for visa applications of the external service provider, if you are abroad
- At the Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Šiauliai, Panevėžys territorial divisions of the Migration department if you are already legally in Lithuania
The Lithuanian presence in each world country has regulated visa submission differently. As a result, you may have to apply at one of the following Lithuania diplomatic bodies in your country of residence:
- The Lithuanian Embassy
- A Lithuanian consulate
- A Visa Application Center to which Lithuania has outsourced visa submission
- The Embassy / Consulate of another Schengen country to which Lithuania has outsourced visa submission
The decision to issue a national visa is made within 15 calendar days from the date of the request. This period may be extended by up to 45 calendar days.
Note that submission of the application is done online, but the applicant must personally visit a service point for biometric information collection and provide the originals or copies of the required documents.
Points to be considered:
- The national visa is issued for a maximum of one year
- The national visa is issued for a period of at least 91 days, unless the application for a national visa is submitted in the Republic of Lithuania
- If you are holding a multiple-entry national visa, valid for 1 year or several multiple-entry national visas with a total validity of 1 year, and intending to apply for a temporary residence permit, in order to stay in Lithuania during the consideration of the application will have to submit this application in advance – 2 to 4 months before the expiry of the actual national visa
Our company will be happy to help you to incorporate a ready-made company with an authorized capital of 28, 000 EUR. For more information and a price offer, please, contact an employee of Company in Lithuania UAB.